Monday, October 11, 2010

Missoula, Grant-Kohrs Ranch NHS and Butte Montana

Well I got up early today thinking I would get to see some stuff today in Missoula but I was mistaken.  I didn't know that almost everything is closed on Sunday's and Mondays.  I thought only the beauty shops were closed on Mondays.  Well not here.  I wanted to see  a carousel, nope closed.  I wanted to see
Fort Missoula and hey guess what that was also closed, but the grounds were open.  So I did drive around it not that I knew what everything was but it was still nice. 
  After leaving town I head to the Grant-Kohrs Ranch NHS, I had been here before when I was 10 but since it was right off of the I-90 I decided to stop again.  I'm glad I did cause the ranger lady was so nice.  I was the only one at the park so she gave me a private tour of the house and told me all kinds of information about the family and the Grandson who had lived on the property in another house until 1993 when he passed away.  I told the Ranger I felt so privileged getting my own private tour.  It was really windy out,even though it was sunny.  I walked around the grounds after my tour then went and thanked her again. 
  I then headed over to Butte to stay the night.  At the KOA where I was going to camp, the host people felt bad for me that I was going to stay in a tent so they gave me a cabin room instead.  It was so nice.  Especially when I woke up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and there was frost all over everything and was freezing outside.  In the cabin it was nice and warm.  All the people I have met so far in Montana have been really nice.
  For dinner I decided to go online and I looked up for Diners,DriveIns and Dives but there was nothing in Montana.  So next I looked up Man vs. Food and found a place called Joe's Pastry Shop where they have these pastries stuffed with potatoes and steak and then topped with gravy.  It was good and one was enough to fill me up.  I just recommend more steak since it was mostly potatoes.
 I wanted to go up and see this statue called Our Lady of the Rockies.  Its way up on the side of a mountain overlooking the town.  You are not allowed to drive up there yourself so you have to go with a tour. I wanted to see it since its suppose to be has tall as the Statue of Liberty. I started talking to a lady that works at the booth were you get tickets and she said that usually they don't do tours for just one person but to come back tomorrow morning at 930am and she would talk to the driver about taking her and I up since she has work to do up there.  Today is just a good day of getting lucky with people.  Wish I had that kind of luck with the men haha.

Miles Gone Today 156
cemetery at Fort Missoula

old house at Fort Missoula

School at Fort Missoula

weird sky

Trains coming

Church I found in a town called Goldcreek,Mt

Clark River,Goldcreek,MT

The Grant-Kohrs NHS in Deer Lodge,MT

Far away view of Our Lady of the Rockies in Butte,Mt

Beef Pastry from Joe's Pastry shop in Butte,Mt

with Gravy on the pastry and showing the inside

No comments:

Post a Comment