Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Little Bighorn Battlefield NM, Crow Agency, Montana

What a start to a day.  I didn't get to go see the Lady of the Rockies cause dorky me I forgot I was in Mountain time and set my alarm wrong.  By the time I got up it was to late.  So I just hung around the camp and did laundry and straighten out my car. 
  I then left and headed to the Little Bighorn Battlefield NM where the Indian war with Custer was and where he died.  It was pretty cool but sad at the same time.  There was tombstones everywhere showing where the Indians and Soldiers had fallen.  They also had a National Cemetery with hundreds of tombstones there.  The visitor center is nice.  It has some old artifacts from Custer and also a short film on the Battle. 
  I didn't do much else today just went back to Hardin for the night.
O I forgot I did pass the Continental Divide at 6395 feet above sealevel.  I couldn't take a picture of it since it came up so fast on the freeway and it was posted on a bridge.
Miles Gone Today 316
Crazy Mountains (thats seriously what their called)

Crazy Mountains

General Custers clothes

Indian pouch

Where some of the soldiers fell at battle

Gen Custer's plot

Indian's plot

National cemetery

A row from the National Cemetery

No comments:

Post a Comment