Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fun with Family in Fernwood,Idaho


 Today was one funny, fun day. O' Alaina where should I begin? First my cousin Alaina and I went into St. Maries (the biggest town around with 2,000 people, I think Fernwood has like 500) to have lunch with my Aunt Gail, cousins Stephanie and Jake,Aunt Shelly and Uncle Wayne. After lunch Alaina and I went
back to my Aunt Gail's and we all bullshitted and played guitar hero.
   Later Alaina and I left and on our way back to Fernwood I see this sign that says "Game Crossing". Seriously the first thing I think of is that the game Scrabble was going to come across the road and throw a Y at us, or Monopoly will jump out in front of us. Ha Ha Alaina was like your crazy its for the
deer. Ya well this city girl is use to the deer signs that actually have pictures of deer on them.
   Then we decide to go to the cemetery so she can show me my Great Grandma's plot. Well let me say first that we left my Uncle Wayne's dog Harley in the car. Have you guessed what happened? After browsing the cemetery we go back to the car and Harley LOCKED US OUT! We were like you have to be kidding. The dog hit the electric button jumping from window to window and Alaina's car keys were in there. So mind you we are 5 miles away from Fernwood. So what do we do since it's starting to get dark? We walk and everyone knows how I feel about that. I was like we are so having Yorkie for dinner when we finally get to a
phone ha ha. So we've walked about 1/2 a mile when all of the sudden we see cars coming. I have never hitch hiked before but at that moment I was all for it. So I stick out my thumb and for good measure throw out my right leg (like the women do in movies except mine is about 3 times bigger and not has appealing) anyways we got luck and it was my Aunt Shelly and Uncle Wayne driving by. I wish I could have taken a picture of their faces cause it was priceless. Imagine them looking at us with their hands in the air, mouths open and kept staring at us has they drove by. O and I forgot to mention it was Alaina, me and baby Beau. Another car behind them must have liked my leg because he stopped to. Hey 2 for 1 not so bad in my first hitch hiking try. I know you might be alittle upset but I didn't go with the other person who stopped I went with my family. We drove back to Alainas truck and for about 10 minutes was yelling at the dog to open the door. I totally felt like the pirates in the Disney Pirates of the Caribbean movie when the dog has the keys and they are trying to get it to come to them so they can unlock their cell door. Ya that was us. We wanted in and he had the power. Finally Harley's paw hit the button and I grabbed the door so he couldn't lock it again.
  After that we needed a drink. I had brought some Root Beer Vodka 100 proof (yes I said 100 proof) with me and it was time for a drink. So my cousin Josh, his girlfriend,Alaina, Steph, my Aunt Gail and I all had a drink. Then we decided even better and made Root Beer Floats with it. O man it was so good. I can't wait to go back to California and get some more of that Vodka. We stayed up late just talking and hanging out. Man I love small towns everyone knows everything about everyone. I don't even live there but I can give you the 411 on whats going on in Fernwood and St. Maries. It felt kinda like work at lunch time, ha ha. Girls you know what I mean, I hear the gossip but don't know who any of the people are.
  O my Uncle Wayne also showed be a rattlesnake skin from one that he had killed and now he is drying the skin to put around a hat.  It was long and felt wierd but cool all at the same time.

Miles Gone Today 0
What? See what I mean Scrabble, Monopoly,Yatzee Watch out people
Harley aka food in the car
Want a RootBeer float?

Uncle Wayne with his rattlesnake skin


1 comment:

  1. Dude You're such a freak you know!! And you totally just proved it!! I have the mental image of you out there with your leg out and your thumb up saying "ya baby you know you want some of this"! LOL I could not stop laughing that the dog locked you out!! Bet you wish you had a marshmello roaster right then!! You were callin for Papa weren't you!?!?!?! Glad the dog let you back in!! Miss ya kid!!

    ReplyDelete