Friday, November 5, 2010

New Orleans

Well after kicking it at camp all day debating whether to go or not I finally got off the depressed train and headed for New Orleans.  ( Actually that and in not the exact words my Grandma told me to suck it up and stop whining and get my ass to New Orleans).
  But before I went my mom had gotten ahold of the Louisiana State Police since I was not able to get ahold of them last night.  ( they didn't answer).  So I called the State Police, since they are the ones to handle accidents on the freeway.  And this dude started to tell me well I should have called yesterday, that pissed me off so I told him I did 3 times and no one answered now what? Then he said he would talk to his Sergeant.  When he got back on the phone he said this is what we can do for you, since we normally wouldn't do this you can go back to the scene of the accident and then call us when you get there so we can write a report.  Are you F****N kidding me? I told him look I was so shaken up yesterday after it happened I don't know where it was exactly.  He told me that I have to go back there then call the police cause they need the GPS coordinates for the report.  Really?  So basically he wants me to get back on that busy freeway try and remember exactly where the accident was then SLAM on my Breaks and hope no one else hits me then call him???  I told him thanks for not helping me and hungup on him.  No wonder why people complained when Katrina happened these cops suck ass.  Excuse the french but really. 
  So then I sucked it up and headed over to the Ferry that would take me to New Orleans.  I actually think I got scammed by some homeless guys haha.  Its funny now but at the time I was still so mad at the officer that I didn't even think about it.  I parked my car in this area and then this man came up to me and said that it was going to be $5.00 to park there.  There was no signs that said anything about paying but I did.  Then later I thought I'm an idiot I just payed a homeless guy to park my car.  But that's ok cause if I would have argued about it they might have done something to my car.  ( Just so you know when I made it back to my car it was all there in one piece, well minus the piece that got taken out yesterday haha).
  I didn't make it to a City Tour since I didn't even get into New Orleans until 2pm.  I did go to two national parks while I was there.  I also went and ate Beignets at the Cafe du Monde.  They are like doughnuts sprinkled with powered sugar and o' so good.  I walked around the French Quarter and watched some jazz players on the streets.  I also saw a boat that was on display that helped save over 400 people in Katrina.  Then I walked over to Bourbon St and had a drink( really come to find out its no fun drinking alone in New Orleans so don't worry im not an alcoholic haha).  I had a New Orleans Lemonade and I don't remember all that's in it but it was red not yellow.  I then went to a bunch of different stores just looking around.  I also went and ate what is called a New Orleans sampler and it has black beans ( good), Shrimp creole (alright, super hot), Jambalaya (awesome) and Gumbo(very good), with a bite of bread pudding(good).  It was good going in but all that hot spicy food will hurt going out if you know what I mean haha.
  After getting full I decided to head back to the Ferry at 5:00pm since I didn't want to leave my car in the dark in that parking lot.  I thought I had missed my Ferry but then I saw one there for people to board.  I was all excited I had done good till it started to take off in the wrong direction.  I was like o crap where is this going.  Well it ended up taking me down on the Mississippi River for 1/2 hour.  Once we got to the other port I asked the people if it would take me back to New Orleans and they said yes in about 45 minutes.  So I guess it wasn't so bad taking a different Looonger Ferry down the River I got to treat myself to a free Mississippi sunset boat ride haha.  After taking the boat back I waited and then boarded on the correct Ferry at about 6:30pm. 
  I'm glad I sucked it up and had a good time today in New Orleans.  Sure one day I might come back but I would want to come back with friends or someone else.  Honestly its a cool city to see but really one of those cities not much fun alone, if you know what I mean.  O and when I come back someone else is driving haha.
  So now im just sitting here doing my laundry back at camp.  At least they have free laundry here.  Again I will post pictures when I get to a place that wont restrict me from putting pictures on.  I am leaving here tomorrow sometime and driving 6 hours to Marshall,Tx for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment