Monday, November 8, 2010

Leaving my mark in Amarillo,TX and passing through New Mexico

Well folks after getting up this morning I headed back over to the Famous Steakhouse to take some pictures during the day.  Then after leaving there I headed over to Cadillac Ranch, home of the 10 Cadillacs buried head first in a field.  It was pretty cool to see.  They encourage you to spray paint your name on there or other work of art.  Since I didn't have a can of spray paint I thought I wouldn't get to but someone up above thought heck lets let her have some fun.  So guess what I found a spray paint bottle that was blue (my favorite color) and it still was like a quarter full.  So I got to write my initials on one car, just my name on another and my name and date on a 3rd car.  Then I told these old people that were there to do the same thing haha. If you are headed on the I-40 east it is on the right hand side of the road right before you would be getting into Amarillo,TX. I guess I should have hung around longer cause after that it was pretty boring.  It was a 5 hour drive from Amarillo,TX to Grants,New Mexico and boy was it Boring and Hot.  The only exciting thing that happened on the whole drive was that I got picked up on or whatever its called by a truck driver, haha.  Well I don't know what its called but I went to pass him and then he sped up and honked the horn and waved at me.  I just waved back and then took off.  He stayed even for alittle bit and I thought o' great my Kia has no balls to even pass the semi but then a hill came and I got ahead.  After then he was behind me and I never saw him again.  It was funny.  I have gone this whole trip and seen tons of semi drivers and when I'm almost home one has to catch up and honk at me.  I did drive on parts of the old route 66 but  there was nothing cool to see, it just ran parallel with the I-40.  I did go through some small Indian towns but nothing big.  Most of the old route 66 is broken up in chunks so when you get alittle ways then you have to get back onto the freeway or turn around cause its a dead end, haha.  I watched the sun starting to set again from the freeway.
 O nuts I almost forgot today I would swear that I left my brain back in Texas.  I stopped at this gas station to get some gas and they have this brick wall next to the pump and when I was leaving I thought I cleared it and NOPE I whacked my back passenger door into it.  Ya I know if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck, at least these last couple of days haha.  I smacked myself for that one.  My first car (which was also a kia) got ribbed by a fence and now this Kia got ribbed by a wall.  I made it my whole trip almost with no accidents or problems and then I do that.  So dumb.  Then at another gas station I left and when I was on the freeway I noticed I forgot to close my gas pump.  Whats with me today? 
  So now I sit in my tent freezing (its suppose to be 30 degree's tonight) and not very good signal (sorry Grandma I didn't call, I will try and text).  I can't believe this is almost over.  I was just about broke so I want to thank my mom for loaning me some money to make it home so I'm not just stuck on the side of the road somewhere.
  I forgot another thing, see I remember while I'm driving all this stuff I want to blog and then when it comes time to blog I forget then when I get back on the road I'm like o'crap I forgot to write about..whatever it is that I was going to write about.
  I just wanted to say that every day since I have left for my trip I always say a pray to my Grandpa's that they watch out for me and that I arrive safely to my next destination.  What I forgot to tell everyone a few days ago is that the day I got hit in Louisiana I forgot to pray to them.  I just found it weird.  So I pictured my Grandpa's up in heaven drinking around the whiskey fire maybe playing cards not paying attention and then they looked up right when the accident was about to happen and made it less then what it could have been haha.  Just a thought.  Don't worry through I have made sure since then that I say a pray and not forget.  It's something I do every time I travel on the road no matter where I'm going.  Maybe I need one of those road angel's for my car.
Miles Gone Today=389
the last Texas longhorn steer I will see

the steak house during the day

Cadillac Ranch,Amarillo,Tx

Car #1 just initials

Car #2 name and date

Car #3 just my name (I didn't write the stuff underneath it)

some of the cars at Cadillac Ranch

Cadillac Ranch

more cars at Cadillac Ranch

Passing through New Mexico

The semi truck who honked and waved ( I took the picture so I can scrapbook it haha)

some place on Route 66 where I got gas

my car after I hit the wall at the gas station

leaving the gas pump door open
a view I saw from the freeway in New Mexico

Sunsetting in New Mexico

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy...you are almost home! What am I going to do at night when I don't have your blog to read. Oh...on a side note. Do you know that you can turn your blog into a book. You should look into it so you can keep it forever. Drive safe...Love ya!

    ReplyDelete